It is a sad reality that ticks infested our pests from time to time and this is annoying not just to our pets but also to use. Always remember that these ticks are unhealthy for us and for our pets. Today, there are journals that will give you additional insights and ideas about the health issues and dangers of ticks to our pets and to us. In this newsletter, you will obtain more ideas and pointers on how to prevent and eradicate ticks in dogs.
The Hazards Brought by Ticks to Dogs
1. Aside from the fact these pests arent appealing to the eyes, these are also hard to remove from your pets skins. These pests cannot be seen from our bare eyes as they hid under the dogs fur.
2. Ticks can also transfer to humans as their hosts.
3. Just like the other insects, ticks are carriers of various kinds of diseases for both dogs and humans. Examples of these diseases are tick paralysis, Lyme disease, anemia, and much more.
4. You can also see ticks nesting in our different furniture items like tales, sofa and beds.
If you want to prevent its onset and treat the diseases it brings, then it is vital to spot its presence early. Make sure that you take extra time to check the furs of your dogs and yourself as well, especially when you bring out for outdoor strolling. Further read this newsletter should you be interested to learn some pointers in keeping these ticks at bay. Moreover, this newsletter will also give readers insights on the symptoms of tick-borne diseases.
How to Prevent the Bites of Ticks?
Just like mosquitoes, there are lots of ways to repel ticks, ranging from medications to remedies found in our homes and these are detailed in this newsletter.
1. Adding garlic and apple cider vinegar to the meals of our dogs is one effectual way of preventing tick bites. The odors of these ingredients are unappealing to them.
2. For those who want safe and sustainable solutions, then can purchase lavender shampoo, geranium rose essential oil, and lemon-infused water from any pet around. Be sure to apply these solutions to the fur of your dogs to prevent these pests from biting your dogs.
3. Be sure to consult your trusted veterinarians for other topical medications.
How to Spot Tick Bites in Your Dogs?
1. Take some time to play with them so you can regularly check tick bites in their bodies. You can run your fingers on their bodies to check for small bumps, rashes, scratches as well as irregularities in your dogs bodies.
2. It is also suggested to regularly check diverse areas of their bodies for signs of ticks such as eyes, under their collars, toes, tails, ears, and legs.
The guidelines showcased in this newsletter are helpful to pet owners who want to protect their pets from ticks.